Skip to content
5 Fun Facts About Lavender
- Lavender has more than 45 species and over 450 different varieties in colors ranging from blue, purple, white, pink, and even red.
- The scientific name for lavender, “Lavendula”, comes from the Latin verb lavare which means “to wash”.
- The two main lavenders grown are Lavandula Angustifolia, also known as true Lavender and Lavandula x Intermedia, also known as Lavandin.
- During medieval times, Lavender was once used as currency in France.
- Lavender is considered one of the most versatile plants with uses including culinary, medical, and crafting purposes.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.