Chester has been craving Chicken Alfredo so I came up with this quick and easy recipe that also incorporates our log grown shiitake mushrooms. It’s a great meal that you can make any day of the week for a delicious and hearty dish. You can omit or substitute the peas for any vegetable of your choosing. You can make the Alfredo sauce from scratch or use jarred Alfredo sauce and add some extra ingredients to zhoosh it up like I did!
- 1/2 pound of fresh, log grown Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of fresh, canned, or frozen peas
- Teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- One 15 ounce jar of Newman’s Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of butter (optional)
- Fettuccine or any noodle of your choosing
- Destem shiitake mushrooms (save stems for soup stock) and slice to desired size. We prefer them sliced into quarters.
- Sauté sliced shiitake mushrooms, peas, and garlic in medium skillet with olive oil on low heat
- In a large skillet, cook cubed chicken breast.
- Boil fettuccine, or noodles of your choice, in a large pot and strain when fully cooked.
- When mushrooms and peas have been sautéed and chicken is cooked thoroughly, combine in ingredients in the large skillet. Pour one15 ounce jar of Newman’s Alfredo sauce
- -OPTIONAL- To add more flavor, in the now empty medium skillet, melt butter, add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir and simmer. Add to large skillet of ingredients and stir.
- Plate and enjoy!